I am on “salad mode” these days!
Those salads that are packed with proteins, carbs & veggies! Just one bowl & my lunch is ready. I have tested tons of salad recipes the past few weeks & will be bombarding you with every salad you can imagine.
Of all the salads that I prepared, this one is my absolute favorite! I spent my whole life eating lentil only in Koshari but this salad is simply delicious. The lentils get tossed with a mixture of veggies, drizzled with a double dressing & served with crispy bread … ohhh … the taste is simply out of this world!
Totally nutritious, very easy to prepare & a new way to consume your protein.
LENTIL SALAD WITH YOGHURT DRESSING
3/4 cup lentil boiled, drained & cooled
1 small green pepper finely diced
1 small onion finely diced
1/2 red pepper finely diced
2 1/2 packs yoghurt
2 loaves pita bread (shami) cut into cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
For the Salad Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 medium lemon
2 1/2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tahini paste
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Toss the bread cubes with 2 tbsp olive oil until well coated. Spread the cubes on a baking tray & bake for about 15 minutes until nicely browned. Get the tray out of the often half way through & toss the cubes to ensure even browning. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, toss the lentil, green pepper, red pepper & onion together. Set aside.
- Put the yogurt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all the the dressing ingredients together until combined & slightly thickened. Season with salt & pepper. The dressing will be a little acidic, don’t worry it should be like that.
- Whisk 3/4 of the dressing into the yoghurt; taste for seasoning in case you need more salt & pepper.
- Toss the remaining 1/4 of the dressing with the lentil mixture.
- Drizzle the yoghurt dressing over the lentil mixture & serve with baked bread cubes.