It’s been a month & half since I last blogged; it feels like ages & I extremely miss my kitchen but it was a much needed vacation :)
The good news is I am back with so many new recipes, tips & tricks.
We are all getting ready for school, our winter routines & busy schedules. Yet, no compromise on good food that gathers the whole family together.
Easy recipes prepared in no time has always been my specialty :) This dish fits all the criteria! Grilled chicken gets smothered in a sweet & tangy honey mustard sauce!
Extremely delicious & Extremely easy!
CHICKEN FILLET WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
750 gm chicken breast fillet thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups hot water or chicken stock
1/4 cup mustard
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
4 tbsp honey (about 1/4 cup) or more according to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
Optional (for a thicker sauce): 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- In a bowl, mix the mustard, whole grain mustard & honey together. Add more honey or mustard for more acidity or sweetness according to preference. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Heat a large pan on high heat. Add the olive oil & cook the chicken on both sides until golden & almost cooked through (do it in 2 batches so that the pan doesn’t get crowded). Remove the chicken & set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to deglaze the pan; scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get out all the stuck pieces.
- Boil the water until reduced to almost 3/4 cup.
- Add the honey mustard mixture & whisk to combine. Reduce heat to medium low & let the sauce simmer until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- If you want a thicker sauce, whisk the cornflour mixture into the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan & simmer for about 5 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve immediately over white rice or mashed potato.