I know I haven’t been posting a lot lately but since the kids took their summer break, I am literally going crazy; I lost count of days, probably even months. So I believe it is time to take my annual vacation, pack everything, take the kids & just get out of the city. Unfortunately, I will take time off the blog too for about 1 month as I won’t have access to my laptop.
Too long I know but I will be preparing/testing new recipes so when I come back, I will shower you with posts!
I wanted to leave on a delicious note so I am sharing one of my favorite Chinese recipes! Before coming up with this recipe, I never used whole chicken in Chinese cooking but this dish proved that I have been missing a lot. Chicken Stir fry is so easy but baking Chinese chicken is even easier as you simply marinade & bake!
Amazing flavors & zero effort!
& this – not too sweet – sauce is TO DIE FOR with only 5 ingredients!
ASIAN BAKED CHICKEN
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 (1200 gm) whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or green onion (optional)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Arrange the chicken – skin side down – in one layer in a baking pan/Pyrex. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with foil & refrigerate for about 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the baking pan in the oven & bake covered with the chicken skin side down for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, flip the chicken, scoop some sauce over the chicken & bake for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through & the sauce is reduced.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds & chives or green onion.
- Serve with Chinese fried rice.