I am finally back!! I know I have been away for quite sometime but I have worked on many recipes & ideas so I will make it up to you I promise! Stay tuned for delicious recipes coming your way!
I know chicken is the most cooked protein in our homes that’s why I keep showering you with different recipes. Chicken has the tendency to be very boring & bland so I am providing you with marinades & sauces from different cuisines to help you serve it in new ways.
Today we go Indian. Simply marinade, cook & enjoy! Not more than 30 minutes in the kitchen!
Don’t get scared of the list of spices in the recipe; they are all common spices that we use in everyday cooking except for garam masala. It is a very famous Indian spice that adds an amazing earthy flavor to food. Don’t worry it is now available in all big supermarkets & at the عطار.
Adding yoghurt to the marinade makes the chicken super moist & subtly reduces the heat of the spices!
This marinade is very flexible; it goes really well with fish, shrimps & oven baked whole chicken.
INDIAN CHICKEN FILLET
- 8 pieces thin chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsp tomato paste صلصة
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala جارا ماسالا بودرة
- ½ tsp turmeric كركم
- ½ tsp ginger powder جنزبيل بودرة
- ½ tsp paprika بابريكا
- ½ tsp coriander كسبرة ناشفة
- ¼ tsp cumin كمون
- salt & pepper
- Olive oil for brushing the pan
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Coat the chicken well with the marinade & refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Thin Chicken Fillet: Heat a pan over medium high heat until hot then brush with olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Don’t overcrowd the pan so that the temperature doesn’t go down & the chicken starts releasing its water.
- Thick Chicken Fillet: Preheat oven at 200 C. Heat an ovenproof pan over medium high heat until hot then brush with olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side then move the pan to the oven & let cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Serve with jasmine or turmeric rice.
- Garam masala powder can be found in the spices section of any big supermarket or at the عطار.
- If the chicken is thicker at one end, place it between 2 plastic bags & pound until it’s all the same thickness to make sure it cooks evenly.
- This marinade goes well with fish, shrimps & whole chicken.