There is nothing easier than preparing oven baked dishes in the summer especially when it’s chicken as you toss everything together & the oven does all the work.
Using balsamic vinaigrette gives this recipe a very refreshing taste especially when combined with the sweetness of the roasted cherry tomatoes & onion. The sauce tastes divine when tossed with white pasta or scooped over rice.
This is a very easy recipe that comes together in no time with minimum effort from your side. Perfect for your busy summer days!
ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGGIES WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1 (1200 gm) chicken cut into pieces
- 1 heaped cup cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper cut into chunks
- 1 ½ tbsp oregano/thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- In a bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard & 2 tbsp olive oil together until well combined. Set aside.
- Marinade the chicken pieces with the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, oregano/thyme, salt & pepper.
- Arrange the veggies in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper then drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in between the veggies, add the water & bake uncovered for about 45-60 minutes or until the chicken is browned & cooked through.
- Serve immediately scooping the veggies/sauce over rice or tossing with white pasta.