In this boiling weather, no one can stand staying in the kitchen for long otherwise we will melt. So, I thought this is the perfect time to share with you my all time favorite chicken recipe. Apart from being ready in less than 25 minutes, this sauce is to die for.
Although there are no fancy ingredients in the sauce yet the combination of dill with grainy mustard is out of this world. I don’t know but they blend together giving you a delicious flavor that you will never know what it’s really made of.
I use this sauce with beef, shrimps & chicken so if you trust me enough by now, give this recipe a try & I am sure it will become a family favorite.
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces chicken breast fillet
- 1 3/4 cups stock مرقة
- 1 heaped tbsp grainy mustard ملعقة كبيرة مليانة مسطردة بالحبوب
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 tbsp minced dill شبت مفروم
- salt & pepper
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Heat a large pan over high heat until hot. Add the oil & cook the chicken on both sides until golden & cooked through. Cook the chicken in 2 batches so as not to crowd the pan. Remove the chicken, cover with foil & set aside.
- Still on high heat, add the stock, scrapping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the stuck bits & pieces. Boil until the stock is reduced to about 1 cup. Whisk the mustard, Worcestershire sauce & cream into the stock. Reduce heat to low & simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the dill & season with salt + pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan & coat with the sauce. Turn off heat.
- Serve immediately with basmati rice or mashed potato.
- For a lighter option, use half skimmed milk instead of cream then dissolve 1 tsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water & whisk it into the boiling sauce until it thickens.
- You have to use grainy mustard & not any other type. Grainy mustard is sold in all large supermarkets.
- If you don’t have stock, you can use water + half Maggi cube.
- The recipe can be doubled.