The series of winter soups continues …
When I have guests over & they know I am making zucchini soup, I see an immediate frown on their face! Probably what comes to their mind is the diet version of boiled zucchini in tasteless water but when I serve my beautiful phosphoric green soup & they taste it, they don’t stop.
It’s not a common soup recipe but it’s so delicious & creamy that it became a staple in our house in winter. If you trust me enough by now, give it a try!
One of the easiest soups I have ever made! Simply boil, blend with the minimum ingredients ever & voila!
ZUCCHINI CREAM SOUP
600 gm zucchini كوسة
- 2 tbsp half skimmed or skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup cream
1 Kiri Square
- 1 Maggi stock cube (see notes for substitution)
- salt & pepper
- Don’t peel the zucchini; just scratch the skin & cut into slices.
- Cover the zucchini with water & bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered over high heat until the zucchini is very soft.
- Drain the zucchini but don’t throw the boiling water.
- In a blender, blend the drained zucchini with milk, cream, Kiri cheese & stock cube.
- Pour the soup in a clean pot & add enough from the reserved boiling water to make the soup as thin as you want (but not too watery).
- Bring the soup to a boil then turn off heat & season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with bread croutons & more cream on top (optional).
- If you don’t want to use Maggi stock cube, add about 1/2 chicken or veggie stock to the boiling water of the zucchini.
- The soup gets thicker as it cools, use milk (not water) to bring it back to the desired consistency.