Spicy Dip with Ooey Gooey Melting Cheese!
This is one hell of an addictive crowd pleaser dish!
If you ever loved Jalapeno Poppers at TGI Fridays, you just secured yourself the homemade alternative!
The first time I made this dish was at the biggest family gathering I ever hosted. Believe it or not, I forgot to serve it at the beginning & it made its way to the table halfway through dinner yet it was the first plate to be finished to the last bit. Since then, I am asked to bring it to any family gathering (actually I am not really welcomed without it).
Whether you like spicy food or not doesn’t really matter because you can control the spiciness level from mild to crazy spicy. Just add 2 minced chili peppers for mild, 3 for medium or as many as you want for over the moon spicy!
Warning: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE
You just mix everything together, pop it in the oven for 5 minutes & serve it with chips or Tortillas! How easy is that?
I eat it hot, at room temperature or cold. It’s way too god whichever way you choose!
My husband even uses it as a spread for his turkey & roasted chicken sandwiches.
You will also find your own unique way!
Just use the dark green fat green chili peppers & not the light green thin ones.
Enjoy the video & below is the recipe!
GREEN CHILI PEPPER CHEESE DIP
- 300 gm cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded red cheddar cheese
- 3 minced hot chili peppers
- A handful of crushed plain salty biscuits (any brand)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together & spread in a baking pa.
- Smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon & sprinkle the crushed biscuits & parmesan on top.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes until bubbly then open the broiler for a couple of minutes until you get a nice golden color.
- Let it cool down for about 5 minutes & serve with tortillas or chips.
- Use the dark green thick chili peppers not the light green thin ones.
- The cream cheese MUST be at room temperature to mix easily without lumps.
- Control the spiciness of this dish: 2 peppers for mild, 3 for medium & more for hot hot.
- Store the leftovers (I doubt there will be any) in the fridge, enjoy it cold or reheat in the microwave until it melts.