As weird as it may sound, I am not a big fan of raspberries, I am crazy, right? OK, to put it right, I am not a fan of raspberries in desserts as I find them way too sour. But the good news is I adore raspberries in salads & savory dishes!
This Raspberry Mozzarella Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette (very long name, ha?) has a very unique taste from a different combination of flavors!
The creaminess of the fresh mozzarella, the sourness of the berries & the saltiness of the almonds sound just so right!
All drizzled with a sweet raspberry balsamic vinaigrette that’s so easy to make … In a food processor …. yaaaay “no whisking”!
It’s both crunchy & soft with popping berries in every bite … Enough said, ha?
I find it to be the perfect salad for hosting guests as it comes together in no time; it doesn’t require any cutting or chopping & can be prepared ahead of time.
Let’s celebrate … It’s the month of Christmas!
Raspberry Mozzarella Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 1 pack mixed baby leaves
- 1 pack fresh raspberries (keep 1/4 cup for the dressing)
- 100 gm fresh mozzarella or frozen buffalo mozzarella crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted salted almonds roughly chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- In a big plate, place about 4 handfuls of mixed baby leaves.
- Scatter the raspberries, crumbles of fresh mozzarella & the roughly chopped salted almonds on top
- To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a food processor & process until they turn into a creamy thick dressing. Season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad & serve.
- You can find mixed baby leaves & fresh mozzarella or frozen buffalo mozzarella in Sunny Market Zamalek, Seoudi Branches & Gourmet.
- You can find fresh raspberries in Sunny Market Zamalek.