Fresh walnuts & pecans roasted until their aroma fills your kitchen then blended to an out of this world creamy butter!
You know those recipes that just cross your mind out of the blue? This is one of them.
Believe it or not, I was never a fan of nut butters; never one of those kids who grew up eating peanut butter. I hated the idea of nut butters until I got pregnant & for 9 months I craved nothing but peanut peanut peanut …. Butter (probably that’s why I am still trying to lose the extra weight until now)!!
WALNUT PECAN BUTTER
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- pinch of salt or sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp honey
- pinch of cinnamon or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet & place in the middle rack in the oven.
- Roast for about 5-10 minutes until fragrant & nicely toasted; tossing the nuts halfway.
- Leave the nuts to cool down until they are just warm to the touch
- Place the nuts with a pinch of salt in the food processor.
- Process the nuts until they are finely chopped; stop & scrape down the sides & bottom of the processor.
- Run the processor for about 8-10 minutes; stopping every while to scrape down the sides & bottom. The nuts should go from chopped to dry to creamy.
- Once they have reached the creamy butter stage, add your honey & cinnamon then give it a pulse.
- Move the butter to an air tight container & store at room temperature up to a week.
- Use raw UNSALTED nuts.
- Make sure to process the nuts while they are still warm.
- You can add more spices to taste like cloves, nutmeg, cardamom.
- This recipe can be doubled.