If there is one thing that I can eat everyday for the rest of my life, it would be fried cauliflower. I just love it & I think it’s a genetic addication because my mother & daughter love it too.
Unfortunately lately my waist line can’t afford eating fried food that much so I had to come up with another option for enjoying cauliflower.
I tried to simply roast it but naa not even close to the fried one. Then I saw a recipe for parmesan crusted cauliflower, I tried it but didn’t really like the overwhelming taste of parmesan but it gave me an inspiration to come up with this recipe & you know what? I love it!
It is soo easy, low calorie & tastes amazing; the closest it could get to the fried ones!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & BROCCOLI
- 250 gm broccoli & cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs بقسماط
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, drizzle the cauliflower & broccoli florets with olive oil & toss until coated. Add the cheese, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper then toss with the veggies.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper ورق زبدة then arrange the veggies in a single layer; not overlapping or piled on top of each other. Some breadcrumbs & cheese will remain at the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle them over the veggies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes then take the tray out of the oven & flip the florets. Continue baking for another 10-15 miniutes or until the florets are golden brown & fork tender.
- You can add any spices you want.
- You can’t use any cheese other than parmesan as it can stick & burn.
- Don’t add too much salt as the parmesan is already salty.