If I can add mushrooms to desserts, I wouldn’t hesitate a second! When cooked right, they are so delicous & tender; almost like meat.
The beauty about mushrooms is that they are like a sponge; they absorb any flavor you add to them; making them suitable for almost any dish.
This mushroom dish is one of those side dishes that really steals the show. It is so flavorful, prepared in less than 15 minutes & goes perfectly with any grilled chicken/beef or mashed potato.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm mushroom quartered مشروم
- 1/2 cup stock مرقة
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar خل بلسميك
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced ثوم
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme زعتر
- 1 tbsp chives minced (optional) ثوم معمر
- salt & pepper
- Heat a large pan over high heat until hot. Add the olive oil & cook the mushrooms on all sides until golden. Don’t keep stirring the mushrooms all the time; give it a chance to take a golden color from one side then flip. Cook the mushroom in 2-3 batches so that you don’t crowd the pan & the mushroom starts releasing its water.
- Return all the mushrooms to the pan. Add the stock, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar & garlic. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low & keep simmering until the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat, stir in the butter, oregano & parmesan.
- Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with chives (if using).
- Serve over mashed potato, grilled chicken or beef.
- You can use a mixture of white & portobello mushroom for more flavor.
- If you don’t have stock, you can use water & 1/2 Maggi cube.
- You can use fresh thyme instead of dried thyme if you prefer.
- You can replace thyme with oregano or rosemary.