Most of the time I prefer cooking one pot meals as I am always running to pick my kids from the nursery & taking them to their trainings. But, when I have time, I love serving a nice side dish next to my main meal.
I am huge fan of roasting potato in the oven; don’t get me wrong, french fries will always be my number one dish on earth but my time & wasitline can’t afford eating it everyday.
I shared with you before the recipe for roasted potato wedges & today, we will prepare baby potatoes; we will coat them with breadcrumbs + parmesan & roast them until golden crispy.
A very easy yet amazing dish that takes minutes to prepare & less than 30 minutes to roast in the oven. I prefer using baby potatoes as they roast faster & you have only one cut side so it gets really crispy without any flipping in the middle.
PARMESAN ROASTED BABY POTATO
- 500 gm baby potato unpeeled cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp breadcrumbs بقسماط
- 4 tbsp grated parmsan بارميزان مبشورة
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ثوم بودرة
- 1/2 tsp onion powder بصل بودرة
- 1/2 tsp paprika بابريكا
- 1 tsp oregano or thyme زعتر أو أوريجانو
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato with the oil until well coated. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients & mix well with the potato. Using your hands, make sure the cut side of the potato has enough of the breadcrumb mixture stuck to it.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a non stick baking tray; cut side down.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender & the bottom side is golden brown & crispy.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
- You CAN’T use any other type of cheese as it will melt, stick & burn.
- Use a pyrex so that it is easier to check the bottom of the potato while roasting.
- Because ovens really vary, start checking the potato after 20 minutes.
- If you are using larger baby potato & the bottom side became golden but the potato is still not fork tender, flip the potato on the skin side & continue roasting for another 5 minutes.