I can’t remember if I told you that before or not, but I HATE spinach! I tried it in different ways & recipes & still the click never happened until I came up with this recipe! Guys, this is simply spinach heaven for me!
Spinach leaves are chopped & wilted then tossed with the most amazing cream & cheese sauce ever.
The dish is prepared in less than 15 minutes yet whenever I take it to any dinner/gathering; people RAVE about it & DEVOUR it in seconds!
Please if you don’t like spinach, give this recipe a try & I promise your life will change forever.
- 1 1/2 kg fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cream divided
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Cut off the spinach stems & discard. Roughly chop the leaves into small-medium size pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the spinach & cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until wilted. Remove the spinach & place in a sieve. Press on the spinach with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Wipe the pan with a tissue to remove any liquid from the spinach & heat over medium heat. Add the olive oil & cook the garlic for about 30 seconds or until fragrant but not brown. Add the cream cheese, 1 cup cream & spinach & stir until the cheese is totally melted.
- When the mixture is about to boil, reduce heat to low & stir in the parmesan & nutmeg. Simmer for 2 minutes then turn off heat. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately with grilled chicken, beef or salmon fillet.
- You can use frozen spinach but in this case disregard the first 2 steps.
- If you want the spinach creamier, add the remaining 1/4 cup cream.
- The spinach will thicken as it cools down. To reheat, add a splash of milk or cream.