Sometimes you need affordable & quick recipes to feed the whole house without spending hours in the kitchen! This is one of those recipes without any compromise on taste.
Prepare the dish in under 15 minutes & let the oven do the rest. Juicy drumsticks & perfectly roasted veggies with a delicious sauce.
Don’t be confused by the long list of ingredients; nothing fancy & available in almost every kitchen. If you don’t have drumsticks, you can go for breasts, thighs or even whole chicken.
Very easy & fast yet the outcome is one amazing dish to feed your family with zero effort from your side! This is a recipe to keep.
ROASTED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 10-12 drumsticks دبابيس فراخ
- 1 large green pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot cut into medium chunks
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato diced
- salt & pepper
For the Marinade:
4 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp tomato paste صلصة
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp oregano (see notes) اوريجانو
2 tsp dried thyme زعتر ناشف
1 tsp paprika بابريكا
1 tsp ginger powder جنزبيل بودرة
2 garlic cloves minced ثوم مفروم
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup stock or water مرقة او مياه
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the drumsticks & veggies in a large baking tray & season with salt & pepper.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together & toss with the chicken & veggies making sure they are all coated. Add 3/4 cup stock to the baking tray.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 -50 minutes until the chicken is crispy from the outside & cooked through from the inside.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken & serve immediately with turmeric, white or jasmine rice.
- You can use chicken thighs, breasts or whole chicken instead of drumsticks.
- If you don’t have oregano, use 4 tsp thyme instead of 2 tsp.
2 thoughts on “ROASTED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS”
Hi dear, would you please always mention the baking temp of your receips ? Thank you:)))
Hi dear :) I always mention the baking temp at the begining of the directions :) I write “preheat oven to 180” for example! Check it keda 😍