Prepare the dish in under 15 minutes & let the oven do the rest. Juicy drumsticks & perfectly roasted veggies with a delicious sauce.
Don’t be confused by the long list of ingredients; nothing fancy & available in almost every kitchen. If you don’t have drumsticks, you can go for breasts, thighs or even whole chicken.
Very easy & fast yet the outcome is one amazing dish to feed your family with zero effort from your side! This is a recipe to keep.
ROASTED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 10-12 drumsticks دبابيس فراخ
- 1 large green pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot cut into medium chunks
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato diced
- salt & pepper
For the Marinade:
4 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp tomato paste صلصة
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp oregano (see notes) اوريجانو
2 tsp dried thyme زعتر ناشف
1 tsp paprika بابريكا
1 tsp ginger powder جنزبيل بودرة
2 garlic cloves minced ثوم مفروم
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup stock or water مرقة او مياه
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the drumsticks & veggies in a large baking tray & season with salt & pepper.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together & toss with the chicken & veggies making sure they are all coated. Add 3/4 cup stock to the baking tray.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 -50 minutes until the chicken is crispy from the outside & cooked through from the inside.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken & serve immediately with turmeric, white or jasmine rice.
- You can use chicken thighs, breasts or whole chicken instead of drumsticks.
- If you don’t have oregano, use 4 tsp thyme instead of 2 tsp.