In the summer, we never say NO to salads & this one right here is always a WINNER. Creamy, tangy, soft & crunchy .. the right balance between everything!
I am a big fan of potatoes in general; fried, baked or boiled but this salad is one of my favorite ways of eating potatoes. The red onion & dill add a new dimension to this classical salad & the mixture between sour cream & mayonnaise makes it lighter than using mayonnaise only.
Enjoy this salad cold with grilled beef/chicken or serve it when hosting lunch/dinner. Extremely easy, prepared in no time & the more it stays in the fridge, the tastier it gets.
POTATO SALAD WITH ONION & DILL
- 1 kg potato boiled until fork tender
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced dill شبت مفروم
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- When the potato is cool enough to handle, cut into medium sized cubes. Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Toss 2/3 of the dressing with the potatoes while still warm.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Toss the salad with the remaining dressing before serving.
- Store the leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
- Don’t overcook the potato! Boil until just fork tender so that it doesn’t become too soft/mushy & when tossed with the dressing.
- This salad can be made with peeled or unpeeled potato as you prefer.