Two words that always make me happy are “One Pot” meals; god they are so quick, easy & you end up with only one pot to wash woohoo!
This One Pot Rice & Chicken is one of my “go to” recipes at home; it’s easy, doesnt require fancy ingredients & tastes really delicious!
In less than 30 minutes, lunch will be ready without any compromise on taste.
ONE POT VEGGIE RICE & CHICKEN
For the Chicken:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, bone & skin removed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
For the Rice:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red pepper finely diced
- 1 small green pepper finely diced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups water or stock
- 2-3 tbsp dill, chopped شبت
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- Wash the rice for 2-3 minutes until the water runs clear. Drain & set aside.
- Marinade the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, lemon, salt & pepper.
- Heat a large pan/pot (it should have a cover) over high heat until hot. Add the olive oil & cook the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side until it’s nicely browned. Remove & set aside. Note that the chicken will still be raw inside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add another tbsp of olive oil & sautee the veggies for 2-3 minutes. Add the rice & stir well with the veggies for another 2 minutes. Add water + salt & cook uncovered over high heat until the water is almost absorbed & becomes the same level of the rice.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice, reduce heat to low, cover the pot & place over a heat diffuser. Let cook for about 15-20 minutes until both the chicken & rice are fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken. Fluff the rice with a fork, add the dill + lemon zest & toss everything together. Serve immediately with the chicken on top.
- You can use fresh parsley or corriander instead of dill.
- For the step by step Arabic video, check my instagram account.