I always prefer cooking my protein in direct contact with a sizzling hot pan to get this amazing outer crust but the moist of this salmon will make you forget anything in the world.
Baking salmon in parchment paper is a well known technique & the flavors that can come out of it are endless. Think of any flavors you love whether fresh or dried, toss them with the salmon on parchment paper then fold & bake. Voila, food is served with zero dishes to wash!
Bonus: This recipe is fat free.
BAKED SALMON IN PARCHMENT PAPER
- 1 salmon fillet, skin removed
- 6 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 large lemon cut into 6 slices أضاليا
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 small green onion sprigs بصل أخضر
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved حشيشة ليمون
- sea salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp dill, chopped شبت
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 piece of parchment paper large enough to fold over the salmon to create a well sealed pocket ورق زبدة
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place a rectangular piece of parchment paper on your counter; place 3 lemon slices in the center but slightly off to one side of the paper. On top of the lemon, arrange 3 ginger slices, 1 green onion, one 1/2 lemongrass stalk & 1 garlic clove.
- Place the salmon fillet over the aromatics, sprinkle with salt then arrange the remaining aromatics on top of the salmon.
- Fold the parchment paper over the salmon & seal the edges by making overlapping folds all around the edge. Check my instagram video for further folding details.
- Place the parchment package on a baking tray & bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. The salmon is done when it easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove the tray from the oven & carefully cut open the parchment paper. Watch out while opening as a lot of steam will come out. Drizzle with lemon juice & sprinkle with dill. Serve immediately.
- To remove the salmon skin; gently pull the skin off the salmon & it should come out easily.
- Parchment paper can be found at Seoudi supermarket & baking specialized stores.
- Lemongrass is found at Seoudi, Fresh Food Market & Gourmet.
- If you are making more than 1 piece, create a pocket for each one.
- You can use more fresh or dried herbs as you want.
- For the step by step Arabic video, check my instagram account.