One of the most amazing meals that looks sophosticated yet it literally takes 20 minutes in the kitchen is fajitas.
Creating a restaurent style Mexican fiesta is a ritual at home; minimum effort & delicious food besides who doesn’t love fajiats & guacamole?
I shared with you the recipe for chicken fajitas before & today I am sharing the recipe for beef fajiats. It’s almost the same as the chicken recipe but with some changes in the marinade to give more flavor to the meat.
A real deal Mexican fiesta prepared at the comfort of your own home & guaranteed to please everyone!
BEEF FAJITAS & GUACAMOLE
- 500 gm thinly sliced beef fillet
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp worcesterchire sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp vinegar خل
- salt & pepper
For the Guacamole:
2 medium ripe avocado mashed
1/2 small onion diced
1 medium tomato diced
handful chopped cilantro كسبرة خضراء
juice of 1/2 lemon or more to taste
salt to taste
- tortilla bread
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream كريمة حامضة
- In a small bowl, toss the meat with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, worcesterchire sauce, lemon juice, salt & pepper. If you have time, cover & put in the fridge for 1 hour up to overnight. If you don’t have time, you can use it immediately.
- Heat a large non stick pan over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tbsp olive oil & sear the colored peppers & onion for about 3-5 minutes, tossing frequently, until nicely charred at the edges. Season with salt & pepper. Remove & set aside.
- Still on high heat, add the remaining oil & sear the meat for 30-40 seconds on each side until the edges are nicely caramelized. DON’T overcrowd the pan & DON’T keep flipping the meat so that it doesnt release its water & start boiling. Remove & set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the pan & QUICKLY with a wooden spoon, release all the bits & pieces stuck at the bottom of the pan. Move very quickly as the vinegar will evaporate in a second.
- Turn off heat. Return the meat & veggies to the pan & toss with the remaining vinegar & all the bits & pieces left in the pan.
- Cover the pan & let the flavors blend together until you prepare the guacamole.
- To make the guacamole: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Season with lemon juice & salt to taste.
- Serve the beef fajitas with sour cream, guacamole, grated cheddar & warm tortilla.
- The cut of meat I use is beef fillet عرق فلتو & it cooks very quickly so please follow the cooking instructions otherwise the meat will be tough.
- For the step by step video, check my instagram account.