The holy month is coming to an end & you must be all stuffed with konafa, atayef & all those oriental desserts. Today, I am sharing with you the recipe of a slightly different dessert. It is cold, refreshing & extremely delicious.
It’s mhalabeya & not just any mhalabeya; it’s made with condensed milk, giving it an AMAZING flavor totally different than that made with regular milk.
Although it is made with condensed milk yet it is so light that I can devour the whole pot alone.
A very easy recipe, prepared in less than 10 minutes & I promise you; it will become one of your favorites.
CONDENSED MILK MHALABEYA
- 1 x 395 gm can condensed milk لبن مكثف
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 mastic مستكة
- 1 tsp orange blossom water مزهر
- 1/2 cup cornflour نشا
- Put all the ingredients in a medium pot. Off heat, whisk all the ingredients together until the condensed milk is blended with the water & the cornflour is fully dissolved without any lumps. Don’t worry the mastic will melt from the heat.
- Put the pot on medium heat; stirring frequently until it starts to thicken.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, whisk constantly until it comes to a boil. The mixture should have the consistency of slightly thick pudding. Turn off heat.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven proof bowl & place under the broiled until the top is nicely browned. Watch it closely as it can burn really fast.
- Let cool completely then place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up. Serve cold.