I visited my nutritionist last week because I have been eating like crazy lately & needed some control.
I am always cooking in the kitchen so the idea of dieting really scared me but he managed to turn my dieting journey into a very interesting challenge. He told me “you are a recipe developer so I expect you to prepare the most amazing guilt free dishes because professional recipe developers can make any kind of food delicious not just fatty dishes”.
Honestly this sentence changed how I look at my diet; I am not depriving myself of delicious food; I am cooking delicious food minus all the fats.
In the coming period, expect some really clean, healthy & fat free dishes but don’t worry I am cooking for my family as well so there will still be all those amazing creamy buttery dishes.
This grilled chicken recipe needs no marination, is cooked in under 20 minutes yet tastes delicious served with salad or pasta.
GRILLED CHICKEN FILLET
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- 1 tsp paprika بابريكا
- 1/2 tsp onion powder بصل بودرة
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder ثوم بودرة
- 1 tsp thyme زعتر
- 1 tbsb oregano اوريجانو
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard مسطردة
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- 5-6 mini sweet pepper (optional)
- Oil for greasing the pan
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Rub the chicken well with the marinade.
- Heat a grill or large pan over medium high heat until hot. Grease the grill/pan with oil, add the chicken & cook until nicely charred on the outside & no longer pink inside.
- Grill the peppers while you are grilling the chicken until nicely charred on all sides.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes then serve with salad and/or pasta.
- Thin Fillet: If you are using thin fillet, it will need to cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side to be perfectly cooked through.
- Thick Fillet: If you are using thickly cut fillet, cook on each side until golden brown then keep flipping the chicken every 2 minutes until it feels firm to the touch when you slightly press on it with the tips of your finger (a total of 5-7 minutes per side). As long as it feels soft then it is not cooked through.
- If the breasts are thicker on one side more than the other, place it between 2 plastic bags & pound until its all the same thickness to cook evenly.
- If you can’t find oregano, use thyme instead.
- When you cut through the cooked chicken, it has to be white in the center; if it is still pink then it needs more cooking.
- If you can’t find small peppers, cut big yellow & red peppers into chunks & grill.
- Leftover chicken can be sliced & used in sandwiches with arugula, cheese & mustard.