Today I am not sharing a recipe for an out of the box dish; it is just pancakes but wait, I am talking super fluffy, light & moist pancakes … everyone’s favorite classical pancakes! Guys it really took me like a year or so to find a good pancake recipe! I have tried soo many recipes but still nothing ticked all the boxes until I laid my hands on this one!
These pancakes are soo good that I eat them plain without anything! Just pillow-like pancakes!
This recipe is a weekend staple at my house & I am sure it will become your favorite once you try it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Oil for greasing the pan
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients & add the wet ingredients. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium high heat until hot. Grease the pan with little oil then wipe it with a tissue. Pour a 1/4 or 1/3 cup pancake batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface, the edges seem dry & the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the pancake & cook for another minute or until the bottom becomes golden brown as well. Halfway through cooking the pancakes, if you feel the pan is becoming too hot, reduce heat to medium or even medium low depending on your stove.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a wired rack (to prevent the bottom from becoming soggy).
- Serve immediately or cool completely then store in zip lock bags & freeze for up to 3-4 weeks.
Recipe adapted with changes from allrecipes.com