Got some over over ripe bananas that you are going to get rid of? Please wait & give those double chocolate banana muffins a try!
They happen to be “double chocolate” with melting chocolate oozing out of them yet they are still healthier & lighter than other recipes!
Dozen muffins that have 1 full cup of bananas versus 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/4 cup oil only .. sounds light, right?
These muffins are so delicious, moist & fluffy, they go as breakfast or snack besides they help you get rid of those black over ripe bananas that no one will eat.
LIGHT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium OVER OVER ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a muffin tray with oil spray or vegetable oil.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder & salt together.
- Mix the bananas, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, oil & yoghurt together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mixing only until combined. DON’T OVER MIX. Fold in the chocolate.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the muffin tray.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean of the batter (it might have melted chocolate).
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the tray. Run a knife around each muffin to get them out easily then place them on a wire rack until they cool.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.