There is nothing easier & tastier than enjoying a juicy chicken with caramelized veggies. You simply toss all the ingredients with the marinade & the oven does all the work. I have already shared an oriental roasted chicken recipe a couple of weeks ago & this time it’s more of Mediterranean flavors.
The marination is very simple yet the flavors are so BIG. The addition of sweet potatoes gives nice sweetness to the dish but you can omit it if you are not in favor of sweet potatoes in savory dishes. Another bonus; you don’t have to marinade the chicken in advance.
This recipe is perfect for busy days where you don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing food.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATO & SWEET POTATO
1 whole chicken (1kg)
2 large potatoes unpeeled
1 large sweet potato unpeeled
3 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 3 lemons
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Cut the the potatoes & sweet potatoes into small/medium size cubes. Toss them with little less than half the marinade. Arrange into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Rub the chicken inside out with the rest of the marinade; putting some under the skin. Put the juiced lemon skins inside the cavity of the chicken & tie the legs.
- Place the chicken in the center of the baking sheet, breast side up. Roast for about 1 hour until the chicken is golden & the potatoes are caramelized. Toss the potatoes once in the middle to ensure even cooking from all sides.
- Cooking time will increase if the chicken is bigger than 1 kg.
- You can cut the chicken into quarters instead of cooking it as whole if you want.
- If you don’t like sweet potatoes, you can omit it from the recipe.
4 thoughts on “ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATO & SWEET POTATO”
got a stupid question :D! el dried thyme howa el oregano?
can i use the Jordanian zaatar with semsem?
Hi dear :) el dried thyme howa el zaatar el nashef … Of course if you have jordanian zaatar use it, it will taste even more & more delicious
also no salt?
U put salt and pepper to ur taste :)