A filling & delicious homemade alternative for your lunch breaks healthier than ready made sandwiches.
I was never a fan of making sandwiches; what’s the point of making one while I can buy it from anywhere? I always bought a sandwich on my way to work or university; of course the only sandwich my mum made me was white cheese so if I wanted the tinniest change, it had to be takeout.
Since I got married, all this changed; I became addicted to the idea of buying a good mouth-watering loaf of bread & going as creative as I want with the fillings.
It is cleaner & above all custom made!!
This chicken sandwich is one of my favorites:
- The dressing is very delicious yet made with everyday ingredients that are definitely found in your pantry
- I can use any type of chicken & it will still be great; roasted, smoked or poached
- I prepare it at night, take it with me to work & it doesn’t get soggy!
What else do you need in a sandwich?
One of many more to come! Say goodbye to store bought ready made sandwiches!
SMOKED CHICKEN MUSTARD SANDWICH
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise*
- 1/2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Salt & pepper
For the sandwich:
- 2 toast slices white or brown
- 1 smoked sliced chicken breast*
- 1 slice sharp cheddar
- 4 arugula leaves
- 1 piece sun dried tomato chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180 C degrees. Place your toast slices on the middle rack & toast flippimg once until golden crispy on both sides*.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl & set aside.
- When the toast is ready; spread 1/2 tbsp of dressing on each toast slice. Layer all the sandwich ingredients & top with the other toast slice.
- Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap or foil.
- For a lighter dressing, you can substitute the 1 tbsp mayonnaise with 1 tbsp light mayonnaise or 3/4 tbsp yogurt + 1/4 tbsp mayonnaise.
- I love making this sandwich with smoked chicken breast currently sold in Gourmet & Sunny supermarkets but roasted or poached chicken will work as well.
- You don’t have to toast the bread in the oven; you can use fresh toast or baguette or any bread you prefer.
- You can add or remove the topping ingredients according to your preference; there is no right or wrong here, prepare something that you will enjoy.