As we all know chicken tends to be any diet’s best friend yet it can become super boring & bland. That’s why I am always on the hunt for new recipes, marinades, techniques to make chicken more fun & enjoyable.
This is one of those recipes that takes 5 minutes prep, another 10 on the grill & your lunch is ready. The balsamic vinegar marinade gives the chicken a very nice sweet kick & helps keep it super tender & juicy.
BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme (optional) زعتر
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the chicken. In a zip lock bag, toss the chicken with 3/4 of the marinade until fully coated. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours up to overnight. Reserve the remaining marinade to brush the chicken while grilling.
- Heat the grill or pan on medium high heat until hot, brush with oil to make sure the chicken will not stick.
- Grill the chicken on both sides until it’s nicely charred on the outside & fully cooked inside; brushing with the reserved marinade with each flip.
- Don’t keep flipping the chicken; give it 2-3 minutes to cook on each side & get nice grill marks before flipping.
- Cook the chicken until it’s just firm to the touch; don’t overcook chicken so that it doesnt become tough.
- Let the chicken rest in a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of breast but the cooking time will change accordingly.
- For the step by step Arabic video, check my instagram account.