Pesto, sun dried tomato & black olives is a match made in heaven. I use this amazing combo in many dishes & people are always impressed.
To contiue our series of easy & quick dishes, today’s recipe takes less than 30 minutes to be served on your table.
Marinate the chicken, sear on the stove & pop in the oven! Simple, easy & delicious.
PESTO CHICKEN WITH SUN DRIED TOMATO & OLIVES
- 4 whole chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp sun dried tomato oil
- salt & pepper
For the Stuffing & Topping:
- 4-6 sun dried tomato slices
- 1/4 cup black olives, slices or paste
- buffalo mozzarella sliced or shredded mozzarella
- pesto sauce (optional)
Oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Using a knife, cut a pocket into the side of each breast; don’t split the breast in half, just create a pocket.
- Toss the chicken with all the marinade ingredients; make sure to rub the inside of the pockets with the marinade as well. Stuff the chicken pockets with sun dried tomato slices & black olives slices/paste.
- Heat an oven proof pan on the stove over high heat until hot. Brush with little oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Sear the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side until it gets a nice golden color.
- Transfer the pan to the oven to continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Top the chicken breasts with the mozzarella slices in the last 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately drizzled with more pesto (optional). Best served with tomato or pink sauce pasta.
- You have to use whole chicken fillet that’s NOT cut into thin slices.
- Instead of using the oven, you can grill the chicken breasts or fully cook them on the stove.
- For the step by step video, check my instagram account.