I love potatoes .. mmm … I ADORE potatoes!
By time, you will find me posting all kinds & forms of potato recipes!
Mashed potato is one of my favorite dishes .. it simply goes along with any kind of food so I like to create many variations on this old time favorite!
Plain mashed potato can be very bland … I always like to add something; maybe herbs, onion, garlic but in this recipe, it is rayeb milk.
You won’t believe that adding just 1 ingredient totally transforms the regular mashed potato you are used to (not that regular mashed potato is bad)! Rayeb milk adds a distinctive tangy flavor that takes mashed potato to a whole new level.
Even if you don’t like rayeb milk, you will still fall in love with this recipe because no one ever knows that this tangy taste is coming from rayeb.
RAYEB MILK MASHED POTATO
- 1 kg potato
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup rayeb milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp minced dill
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot, bring water & 1 tbsp salt to a boil. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut into medium sized cubes & add them to the water. Boil until the potatoes are soft & fork tender
- Meanwhile, in another pot, heat the milk & butter just until the butter melts
- Drain the potatoes & mash using a potato masher until they are soft without any lumps
- Add the milk/butter mixture to the mashed potatoes & stir until well combined
- Add 3/4 cup rayeb milk & the dill; stir well
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- The taste develops as the potatoes sit so serve after 30 minutes from cooking.
- This recipe can be easily halved or doubled.