School season means one thing for me: stuffing my freezer with healthy muffins. They are great for the lunch box & make a quick breakfast or snack on the go.
I shared banana muffins, peanut butter muffins, apple muffins & now it’s the turn of oats to play a role in my muffins range.
These muffins are light, fluffy, extremely delicious & packed with oats.
Prepared in less than 30 minutes & guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE OAT MUFFINS
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half skimmed or almond milk
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or raisins or a mixture of both
- In a bowl; mix the dry ingredients (first 9 ingredients in the above list).
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips/raisins).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix until just combined. Don’t overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins or both.
- The batter will be loose at this stage. Let the batter rest until you preheat the oven for 20 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the excess liquid & soften a bit. Preheat oven to 180 for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, you will find the batter thicker. Line a cupcake tray with paper liners. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the cupcake tray, don’t fill th cups to the end; 3/4 is only enough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean of batter; it might come out with melted chocolate from the chips.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the tray then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze up to 1 month.
- The muffins aren’t sweet on their own; you must use chocolate chips or raisins.
- For the step by step Arabic video, check my instagram account.
Recipe adapted from A kitchen Addiction