I just came back from my Easter vacation at the Red Sea just to find this horrible heat!!
What’s this guys?!! We are officially boiling :(
One of my worst nightmares is spending hours in the kitchen in such weather! I just can’t stand being cooked myself in front of the stove hahaha
Here comes my series of “quick solutions” to save us from getting a kitchen tan!
This All Purpose Dressing is my “go to” option when I want to serve my family tasty healthy food in NO TIME!!
It literally works with all kinds of food; chicken/beef/shrimp marinade, salad vinaigrette, roasted/steamed veggie dressing … Anything you name it! I sometimes add it to pasta salad or drizzle it over a nice baked potato!
One dressing & all your food is ready!
It is super delicious, super quick & super “goes with anything”!
ALL PURPOSE DRESSING/VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- salt & pepper
- In a jar, combine all the ingredients & whisk until combined or close the jar with the lid & shake until all ingredients are combined.
- For grilled chicken/beef/shrimps: Brush the chicken/beef/shrimps with the marinade & grill or sear in olive oil over high heat until cooked through. While cooking, brush the chicken/beef/shrimp with the marinade once or twice!
- For green salad: Prepare your salad & toss it with the vinaigrette just before serving.
- For pasta or potato salad: Prepare your salad, toss it with the vinaigrette & refrigerate for a couple of hours for the tastes to blend together.
- For roasted vegetables: Cut your vegetables into medium size pieces, toss with the dressing to coat well & roast in a 200 C oven for about 20-40 minutes (depending on the kind of veggie), turning them once or twice during baking to make sure they don’t burn from one side.
- Other Applications: Drizzle it over mashed/baked potato – drizzle it over foul (fava beans) – drizzle it over feta cheese with tomato.
- The dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week; just shake it or whisk it before using.
- This recipe can be halved or doubled.