SIMPLY the fluffiest … the most moist … the best … Banana Bread Ever!
I love cakes! I grew up in a house where we always had a box of fresh cake in the living room “of course store-bought as my mum hates cooking” but the idea continued with me even after marriage and when my kids grew a little it became even more essential.
To be honest, I am not a professional baker … I am not the kind of person who would put together a couple of ingredients and turn them into a cake. It takes me a long long while to come up with a cake recipe that I love and 100% approve! So, I tried to master the flavours that I like and will be sharing them with you throughout my blog.
Banana Bread is simply great; you can get rid of all those ripe bananas, guarantee that you are eating fruits which is “healthy” and I can cheat my kids into eating bananas “which they hate” but above all that, IT IS DELICIOUS!
Adding chocolate chips to the recipe, even makes it more and more … WOW!
Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with nuts if you want or you can just add nuts to the original recipe & it will still come out perfect.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS BANANA BREAD (CAKE)
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cub brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + 1 tsp flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 C degrees. Grease a 24.5 cm x 12.5 cm cake loaf with butter and dust with flour.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), mix the bananas and sugars on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, eggs, sour cream & vanilla. Add to the banana & sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices & salt together.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until combined (DON’T OVER MIX).
- Dust the chocolate chips with 1 tsp flour*.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold in with your spatula.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf & smooth the top with your spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cook in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and then invert and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Serve at room temperature and store in an airtight container.
- I used 3 large bananas; if you are using the small ones, then change the recipe to 6 instead of 3 mashed bananas
- You have to use sweet soft over ripe bananas (the ones with black spots) otherwise the cake won’t be sweet enough.
- Dust the chocolate chips with flour before adding them to the batter so that they don’t stick together and sink to the bottom
- This cake is baked at 180 C degrees but you know your oven more than anyone; it bakes just like any other cake so change the temperature if you regularly bake cakes on lower temperatures
One thought on “CHOCOLATE CHIPS BANANA BREAD (CAKE)”
Turned out lovely. Thank you :)